Learn Portuguese in Lisbon Home
Terms and Conditions
- 1. You must be 16 years of age or over.
- 2. School opens at 9h am and closes at 20h. Lunch Break: 13h - 14h.
- 3. Each lesson consists of 55 minutes, except for the Extensive, Erasmus, Individual, Online and At Your Place courses (60 minutes).
- 4. All students, except for absolute beginners, should take a placement test in order to be placed in the correct level.
- 5. Handouts are provided by PC during the entire length of the course.
- 1. If you enroll in a course at the school, payment must be done immediately.
- 2. If you enroll in a course on the Internet, we will confirm your registration within 48 hours and send you payment instructions by email.
- 3. Students who DO require VISA:
- a. An administrative fee of 150 EUR per invitational letter issued by PC, when applicable (for Visa purposes).
- b. Registration fee (30€), administrative fee plus 15% of the total program are required to be paid upon the confirmation of the enrolment by the school.
- c. The rest of the amount must be paid up to 4 weeks prior to the start date of the course.
- d. In case the Visa is dismissed by the Embassy, Portuguese Connection keeps the administrative fee and reimburses the remaining amount already paid.
- 4. Students who DO NOT require VISA:
- The total amount must be paid in full upon the confirmation of the enrolment by the school.
- 5. Bank fees must be paid by the student.
- 6. NB: In case we are not able to confirm your registration or, for any reason, we need to cancel it, you will be refunded immediately.
- 7. The registration fee is included in total price and is valid for 1 year, which means that if you attend more than one course within the same year, you will only have to pay it once.
- 8. Airport Pickup available. The payment of 30€ is requested (one or more students).
Students can change their timetable or course type upon request and subject to school’s availability. This is not possible within the two weeks before the beginning of the course.
- a. If you cancel no later than 3 weeks before the course begins, we retain only the registration fee and the administrative fee.
- b. if you cancel less than 3 weeks before the course begins, we reimburse you 75% of the course costs.
- c. No refund is allowed if the cancellation happens one week before the start of the course, or after the start of the course, due to non-arrival of students. However, in this case, if you still want to take the course, you can do it within a year.
- d. Cancellations after the start of the course:
At Your Place/Online/Private Group/Individual classes:Cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance will be charged in full and your cancellation will
count as an used lesson. Exceptional circumstances and illness will be taken into consideration. The student has to cancel the class with 24 hours in advance,
by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The student can cancel up to 20% of the acquired classes. After reaching this number, the cancelled classes are not replaced.
The Students can only miss up to 30% of the total classes of the Portuguese language course (Exceptional circumstances and illness will be taken into consideration). If the students don’t meet this rule, they won’t receive a certificate of completion (just a certificate of frequency) and will
be advised to repeat the same level/course.
- 1. Portuguese Connection assumes no responsibility for loss, delay, or accident of any kind whatsoever that occurs because of the fault or negligence of supporting services or people to the student, such as travel agents.
- 2. We reserve the right to cancel bookings without prior notice if the stated payment terms and conditions are not adhered to on the side of the prospective student.
- 3. We reserve the right to cancel any bookings at any time, offering a full refund or a substitute of equal value.
DAYS OFF / HOLIDAYS
- 1. Portuguese Connection does not charge classes lost to public holidays or teacher absenteeism. In case classes are charged for any reason, Portuguese Connection will make up for the lost time through the scheduling of a replacement class.
- 2. Portuguese Connection will be closed on the dates below of the year 2018.
- 3. If Portuguese Connection needs to be shut unexpectedly, we will endeavour to reschedule classes which are affected.
|Monday 01, January
||Tuesday 01, January
|Tuesday 13, February
|Friday 30, March
||Tuesday 05, March
|Wednesday 25, April
||Friday 19, April
|Tuesday-Thursday 01-31, May
||Wednesday 01, May
|Wednesday 13, June
||Monday-Thursday 10-13, June
|Wednesday 15, August
||Thursday 15, August
|Friday 05, October
|Thursday 01, November
||Friday 01, November
|Monday-Friday 24-28, December
||Monday-Friday 23-27, December
Specific Terms of the Extensive Courses
The payment has to be done in full before the second day of classes otherwise an additional fee of 10% will be charged.
Students can move to another class/course upon request and subject to the school’s availability.
No refund is allowed if the cancellation happens after the second day of classes.
The school can cancel the classes when it is strictly necessary (due to internal affairs), which means that the expecting ending date of the classes can be changed.
The school will deny a refund request in case the student cannot attend some classes due to the postponement of the ending of the course by the school.
The Students can only miss up to 30% of the total classes of the Portuguese language course (Exceptional circumstances and illness will be taken into consideration). If the students don’t meet this rule, they won’t receive a certificate of completion (just a certificate of frequency) and will be advised to repeat the same level/course.